Sunday, September 13, 2015

Shana Tova!

Well, we did it! We moved. We have spent the past few days wading through our cardboard box jungle and have managed to unpack about 80% of our things. I'm proud to say that we can see the floor- most of it. The kids are settling into their new rooms and everything is slowly starting to come together. Once we have painted and fully unpacked I will post some pictures.

Tonight is the first night of Rosh Hashana. We are happy to be sleeping in our new home and have thankfully been invited out for all our meals to family and friends. I was able to steal away a few minutes from unpacking and cleaning to write some thoughts down.

This time last year. I can't help but think back to where we were and what our mindset was going into Rosh Hashana. This time last year, we were still digesting the devastating news from Tehilla's heart catheter. We were told that she desperately needed surgery, but her chances of the surgery going well were minimal. That was the mindset that we went into Rosh Hashana with. I remember that last year, I managed to make it to shul (synagogue) for some time, and I remember crying into my machzor (holiday prayer book). I remember begging and pleading for my little daughter's life.

Her second birthday is in two weeks. My little girl has survived three heart surgeries and three heart catheters. She is a fearless, rambunctious, sweet and affectionate blonde haired, blue eyed little girl. Not a day goes by, that she does not bring a smile to our faces.

We are going into Rosh Hashana this year with joy and happiness in our hearts. With the words "thank you" on our lips. I can't wait to get to shul again, this year and cry tears of happiness into my machzor again.

To all of our family and friends, to all of our blog family, and to everyone out there, our family wishes you the most heartfelt shana tova (a good year). May this year bring each of you health and profound happiness. To everyone who faces struggles in their lives, I hope that your prayers are answered with a "yes".

Much love to all of you! I hope to post pictures later of the kids.

1 comment: