Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thankful Thoughts

For whatever reason, today, I was filled with emotional memories. I kept thinking back to where we were this time last year. I can honestly say that this time last year was the worst time of my life. I was 20-something weeks pregnant and waiting. We had finally seen Professor Rein, and he had answered our questions.  We had been told Tehilla had a 45% chance from birth to making it over the age of 5. I had been sent to have an extensive amniocentesis done and was waiting for the results of those tests to come back. Professor Rein had seen in the heart echo that the PFO in Tehilla's heart was completely closed. It was completely inoperable and it sealed her fate. We would have no choice but to terminate the pregnancy.

We were waiting. Waiting for a complete miracle. Once we knew that the amniocentesis came back okay, we made a decision. If G-d would grant us this miracle, we would go through with the pregnancy.

And then, I get to look at this little face every day...



...and praise G-d for our open miracle. And for the miracle of her life every day. Thank you, G-d, for Tehilla. For her teething problems and her ear problems. Just thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment