Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Gift of Sleep

Before bed, I gave Tehilla all of her usual medications, her antibiotic, Tylenol, and I added ear drops, called Otidin. Otidin are local anesthetic drops. The on-call doctor had said, that if they help, than it is her ears that are hurting her.

Well, Tehilla slept from 11:00pm, until 4:30am. I nursed her and when she was finished, she smacked her lips together and gave me the sleepiest smile. Her smile said it all, "I'm so sorry for the trouble I've caused. I hope you liked the sleep I gave you." Now, I am quite aware that this is contrary to an 8 month old baby's psychological capabilities. But that is definitely what that smile said.


So, I do think it is her ears. I'm not entirely sure what is going on with her. If she is still not better by tomorrow, then we will go see our doctor again.

2 comments:

  1. About 20 years (& several kids) ago, a pediatrician told me that you can immediately tell if it's ears by laying a baby flat on her back and pushing those little pieces of skin that cover the ear canals at the same time. If the baby screams, it's ears and if not, not... in my experience, it has always worked. Btw, check with your doctor, but mine had me use otidin on the gums for numbing them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! BARKING BULLIES

    ReplyDelete