Sunday, January 8, 2017

Please Pray for our Friend

I wish I could tell you that the heart world pauses for more convenient times. I wish I could tell you that in our heart world, I don't read about another heart warrior gaining his wings and losing his fight every single day. I wish that heart kids weren't in need of desperate prayers each and every day because of a surgery or because of contracting a dangerous virus. I wish.

I wouldn't be able to be where I am, without the midnight messages to my heart friends or the whatsapp voice messages we leave each other. I would be lost without my heart mamas who give us a sense of normal and a community to lean on.

I have dedicated this blog to Tehilla and to her journey and the twists and turns that her life brings along with it. It is very infrequently that I post about other heart warriors. The heart warriors who I pray for every night or when I light Shabbat candles. The ones whose successes and challenges feel so deeply rooted to us.

But there is a little boy that needs a complete miracle. He did not recover well from his Glenn surgery and has been on Ecmo for 4 weeks. Ecmo is a a double edged sword. It can be a last resort move that the doctors use to help the heart and lungs have some time to heal. But it also brings risks and bad news.

Yitzchok is 10 months old and in desperate need of a miracle. His family is asking that people do mitzvot on his behalf. Yitzchok ben Aydla Malka. Please have him in your prayers and do acts of kindness on his behalf.

Here is the link to the Facebook page that has been set up for him:

https://www.facebook.com/Do-It-For-Yitzchok-219906685118192/

No comments:

Post a Comment