Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Glenn Talk



Today, Tehilla had her echo and appointment with our cardiologist, Dr. Golander. Thank G-d, everything looked very good. We then discussed the Glenn surgery which is in three weeks. 

Because of Tehilla's small pulmonary arteries, there is a higher chance of her lungs collapsing. Therefore, Tehilla will be hospitalized for 2-3 weeks. Of that time, little of it will be spent in the PICU, and the majority of time will be on the Post-Surgery floor. This is the ward that I had a very hard time in, last time. 

We were surprised by this. Most HLHS kids are hospitalized for less than a week for the Glenn. It means that if I am there for three weeks, I will be let out right before Pesach (Passover). If there are any further setbacks, I could be in the hospital for Pesach. Our kids have vacation from the week and a half before Pesach. So, we are now scrambling to figure out a plan for this time period for Mechal and Tzviel. Thank G-d, all of our family is stepping up to help us work this out. 

Aside for that, we gave the framed pictures to our cardiologist, surgeon and the PICU staff. They were all thrilled and loved the picture. 


2 comments:

  1. Be strong. G-d is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. free chat now

    ReplyDelete