Saturday, October 5, 2013

Getting there

I want to start this post by saying I am astounded by the multitude of people that have read the blog. People all over the globe are reading and organizing Tehillim groups, challah baking and keeping her in their tefillot. She has created an enormous Kiddush Hashem- exactly what she was named. Please keep it up. Please get her name out more. This is completely out of our hands. As a doctor said to us today, this is in the hands of The One up above. It brings us a lot of comfort to hear about these amazing things going on, so please, comment on the blog and tell us about it.


This Shabbat, was Tehilla's first, hopefully of thousands. The doctors explained that this really is the worst defect a baby could have and has a high fatality rate. Sometimes these babies suddenly take a turn for the worst, and there really isn't anything anyone can do about it.

That being said, he said that the general feeling amongst the staff is she is almost over the worst. She still needs a lot of support to keep her stable, but it seems that we are getting there. 

Her swelling has gone down a lot. It does fluctuate a lot, but it really seems like she is making progress. 

Her surgeon came to check on her today and was satisfied with her progress and gave instructions to keep up with the treatments. The hope is that in the next little bit, they will close her chest and start feeding her my milk.

I spent the Shabbat with my mother, singing to her, talking to her, stroking her little feet, hands and head. 

Tehilla, when you are big and strong and we can read through this with a calm smile, your Grandma promised to buy you a pink mechanical car for you to drive around in. 

I will try to take a picture of her soon and post it, so you can all see how much better she is doing.

5 comments:

  1. Baruch HaShem so glad to hear she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoshana, I am in awe of your strength and emunah. Tehilla has not left my thoughts or tefilos since you announced her birth Tuesday morning. I tear up everytime I read your updates and especially when I see Abeula's comments. I have all my friends and kids class' saying tehillem for her. This morning Shlomo added her name to the Mishe Berach in shul all on his own. May hashem continue to provide you and Tehilla with the strength you need to face this journey. Roochie Reiss Rosenfeld

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheera, Alan, and MaozOctober 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM

    I'm so glad to hear that Tehillas first Shabbat went well, I am hoping and praying that this is a sign of many, many thousands of Shabbats to come spent together as a family.
    I have given Tehillas name to friends here in the US and in Israel and have asked them to spread the word and pray, one of the many friends that I have talked with works at the Kotel and he has spread the word there too and has also specifically asked the women who visit the inner sanctum of the Kotel to pray specifically with Tehilla in mind.
    I'm in awe and touched to hear that so many people who love you have responded so quickly, I am grateful to those who don't know you but have heard of your struggles and the difficult road you have ahead who have helped us join forces to flood the world with prayers for Tehilla.
    I will continue to spread the word around the world and let people know how very welcome and helpful prayers for precious little Tehilla are.
    We will continue to pray for Tehilla and for you and do our best to support you on this difficult path.
    I hope you take comfort in knowing how loved Tehilla is all over the world, she and you are in our hearts always.

    Sending you lots of love now and forever
    Sheera, Alan and Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't know you, I feel a connection through your grandfather. We had a very dear friend in common and heard him speak many times. We also had a daughter born with a congenital heart defect who had surgery at CHOP at 10 weeks old. One thing I think is that you are so lucky to have been armed with so much information ahead of time! Also, you have an admirable strength and emunah! May you only be blessed with the outpouring of blessings that we have had over the years and the same positive outcome we've had - an 18-year-old who is the strongest Jewish light in the world, but who also loves to run and play field hockey for her high school team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congenital Heart Disease's treatment depends on the type and severity of the defect. Some types don’t even require treatment, they heal on their own. Others may require serious treatments and the top cardiac hospitals in India have all types of treatment needed to treat congenital heart defects.

    ReplyDelete