Sunday, July 17, 2016

Adjusting Back

It makes no sense that we have slept in our rooms, since our move 10 months ago, or our beds for years- but each morning since we have come home, I wake up and have no idea where I am. I can only assume it's the same for Tehilla.

Each morning, I wake up with a start, confused by my surroundings and jump out of bed to get dressed before the doctors rounds. I'm confused by the quiet and by the walls and it takes a minute to remember that we are home.

Tehilla startles when something or someone suddenly approaches. She is terrified of baths and getting dressed.

But she is loving regular food and not hospital food, loving playing with toys and her siblings and over the moon about being home.

We will slowly help her adjust back and I am looking into getting her some music therapy. Her room has her amazing balloons and her bed is filled with her dolls. We received a package from Carolyn with a Hello Kitty backpack and now she won't walk two feet without it.

All of the amazing cards and pictures that were made for her, I will be putting in an album for her to look at.

Slowly, we will both adjust back to normal life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh..that's really confusing for such enotion. You will be bith back to normal, B"H.
    Nice to see Tehilla with a nice smile.Get well soon for both of you. Hug..

    ReplyDelete