Monday, July 4, 2016

Keep Praying

Tehilla had been crying and was very agitated. She started to stare somewhere off in the distance and wasn't responding to me. She kept shaking her body on and off as if she was annoyed. I thought she was just angry and out of it. Her monitors showed that she was stable.

I went to go get our nurse or doctor just to be sure, but everyone was assisting a new patient brought in by paramedics.

After 5 minutes, I grabbed a different nurse and had her look at Tehilla. She immediately ran to get the doctors. They laid her bed back and gave her a medication to put her to sleep. They checked her and her vitals and all monitors. Her saturation was lower, but everything else looked fine. They did a blood gases test and everything was clean.

The doctors and nurses stayed and kept checking her. 20 minutes after the event, when I was telling the doctor that it was happening for 5 minutes before I got someone, I became completely overwhelmed with guilt of not getting someone sooner.  I went into shock and had a full blown panic attack. The nurses hugged me and soothed me and repeatedly told me that it's not my fault. They talked me down and then my dear heart friend, Elisheva worked her life coaching magic and got me breathing regularly again.

Tehilla has woken up and she is fine. A neurologist was consulted and said that this can happen from the Fontan and for now to slow down recovery.  If it happens again, then they will give her anti-seizure medication and take her for a lot of tests.

Please don't waste your words, nothing will ever make me feel better about what happened. With time, I will get over this traumatic event.

Tehilla fell back asleep and seems to be doing well. Please keep praying for her that she remain stable.

12 comments:

  1. Will keep praying and G-d's comfort to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and spread the word asas far as I can sending you hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seizures are the scariest thing to witness! There was no way you could have known! You did the right thing... Refuah shelaima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be nice to yourself. You have to see how far you have come on this journey and how you have successfully navigated these waters for and with Tehilla. You can survive little speed bumps. Keep looking forward but appreciate how far you've come

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you think these are wasted words, I'm still going to take the time to tell you that it isn't your fault. You're doing the best you can; you're doing amazing. Sending my very best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw sweet Shoshana..what a terrible experience for Tehilla and you. I send you my love and hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw sweet Shoshana..what a terrible experience for Tehilla and you. I send you my love and hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you the most gigantic hug I can possibly imagine. You're doing the best you can and you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shoshana, what is YOUR full name? I would like to daven for you, too, to have the strength and peace to deal with these weeks of healing, which we know that is the way its going to go....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a scary experience! BH you brought Tehilla's situation to their attention and the doctors are doing what they need to do to make sure that she is safe. Panic attacks feel like a heart attack or something worse (I know) - I hope you never go through that again. I'm holding a special place for both you and Tehilla in my deepest prayers for refuah shleimah and strength of mind, body, and soul.

    ReplyDelete