Sunday, July 17, 2016

Just One Person

I am one person, like you. I probably pass you on the street, or download the same books from Kindle. Our shopping lists are probably similar and my kids argue over who gets the Batman lego guy. We dance around to the song Happy by Pharrell Williams while cooking dinner, and Ron likes to sing an annoying "good morning" song to wake us all up and watch the kids slam blankets and pillows over their heads. We are just this average family.

An average family that was faced with a not-so-average health problem with our little daughter. So, I blog about it. Sometimes I am good about blogging once or twice a week and sometimes, I manage to get a blog post in after a week and a half. Of course, when Tehilla is faced with a hospital stay or a procedure, I blog around 3 times a day.

When I blog, I image that I am trying to explain the situation to my mother or my aunt or one of my friends. There was a point early on in my pregnancy, where I was updating 4 sets of friends, my parents, Ron's parents, my siblings, and Ron's siblings. All together I was repeating the same conversation 10 times over. Blogging became the means to having the same conversation with thousands of people in one shot.

Excuse me while I once again express how blown away we are with how far this blog has reached. We have messages coming to us from Israel, Canada, USA, England, Scotland, Australia, and Indonesia. The emails, blog comments, Facebook comments, messages mean so much to us.

While Tehilla was in surgery, I posted this status on Facebook and it couldn't be more true:


"Imagine for a moment that you are in the most terrifying experience of your life, but thousands of people are surrounding you and hugging you, holding you up and praying on your behalf.

That is what is happening for us right now. We have never felt so strong as we do right now. There are no words to explain how blessed we truly are. Even though our daughter is in open heart surgery right now. We are beyond blessed.
I truly love all of you."


This blog has created an incredible force of support for our family and has seen us through the worst moments of our life. You have seen us through some of the worst moments of our life. And whether you write to us and tell us what you have done for Tehilla or not, you have become part of our family and part of our journey. It has all come down to the individual person that has connected with our story and privately or publicly wants to do something- anything- for Tehilla.

There is a group of people that I have to mention that have really touched our hearts. These are the staff members of YU High School and the staff members of Camp Sports in Baltimore. They are using Tehilla's story to help teach high school boys the power of prayer. They are connecting them to our story and having them restrain from talking or texting during prayer. These teenage boys feel passionately about helping little Tehilla and have worked hard to get Tehilla's name out.

Boys- you are incredible. I was sent a video of what you are doing in camp for Tehilla and I couldn't help but cry. You don't yet fully know the power of your prayers and how it strengthens us. Please know you may all believe that you are just one person- but it really takes just one person to make the difference.

There is no doubt in my mind that these prayers coming from around the globe are what gives Tehilla super-human power. Tehilla is just two weeks after major heart surgery, and today she chased our kitten around the house and tried to draw on her with a marker. No worries, the kitten successfully got away. But two weeks! Two weeks and she is running around!

We thank G-d over and over for allowing us to watch miracles happen through our daughter and allowing her to live up to her name- Praise.

Here is the link to the video of Camp Sports:https://vimeo.com/175004931

We would love to hear where people are connecting to this blog from. Please comment on this post with which city and country you are praying from. 





28 comments:

  1. Glad to hear wonderful things avt Tehilla. HaShem continueto bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modi'in. But I got to you through a friend, and I think it's someone in the U.S. I had my open heart surgery at Hadassah as an adult, so I really connect to everything. Although two weeks after surgery I was not chasing our cats around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beit Shemesh, Israel.... may we continue to hear good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying and in amazement in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. London Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birch Run, Michigan, USA. Been praying for Tehilla since she was first diagnosed in utero. This blog is such a blessing, Shoshana, as we follow not only Tehilla's progress, but also the obvious spiritual growth of you and your family through this time of testing. Baruch Hashem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baruch HaShem. To Him be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calgary, AB (I got directed here by a friend and have been following ever since). Davening for a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Venice, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ginot Shomron, Israel (got here through another blog). Also davening for Tehilla's complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jerusalem, Israel - spread your name to friends in Canada, the States, France, England, Switzerland, Belgium, and Gibraltar! We're all cheering you on and praying for Tehilla.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thornhill, Ontario, Canada - davening every day for Tehilla and overjoyed to see how great she looks! Baruch Hashem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seminole, Florida I love Tehilla so much and I just had a feeling she would heal this fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying from Brooklyn, NY , USA. Tehilla is so lucky to have such an amazing mother!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miami beach, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbourville, Kentucky U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  17. הודו לה' כי טוב כי לעולם חסדו
    Thanks for keeping us constantly posted.
    Tehilla bat Shoshana has been and will continue to be in my prayers. Jerusalem, Israel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Old acquaintance and occasional assistant of your father's in the old days in Monsey. I love Tehilla and have been following her story from the beginning. May we continue to only hear good news! Leah S.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shoshana, I have been reading your blog for months now. I live in Perth, Western Australia but am currently in Sydney where we spend about 1/4 of the year to be with our younger daughter, her husband and our 4 gorgeous grandsons. My older daughter is a friend and contemporary of Danielle Wassner and it was through one of Danielle's posts that I read about Tehilla. Your blogs are amazing and Tehilla is an inspiring little girl. May she continue to go from strength to strength. Thinking of you and sending love. Maureen Levy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Overjoyed to hear this news! Will keep up the prayers for her continuing recovery, Shoshana, and G-d Bless you and your family! Here's to happy times now for you all and B"H! :) Love from Angela McClelland from Glasgow in Scotland xxx

    ReplyDelete