Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Eating and Relaxing

We have been working very hard to keep Tehilla's spirits up, both by kicking PICU personal out but also by distracting her with many of her favorite things. Every now and then, when a nurse has to check things or change something, she withdraws into her self again. The more we work with her, the easier it is getting for her to come out of these episodes.

After she slept on my lap for awhile, we moved her back to her bed. She was calm and relaxed. I began to ask her if she wanted something to eat. Finally, I offered her cottage cheese, which she loves. She said yes to that, and when I brought it for her, she was so happy that she ate quite a lot of it. I had to finally take it away, so she wouldn't throw up.

It's great that she finally ate something. Now she is watching and relaxing and will probably fall asleep soon. Here is to a hopefully uneventful night!

4 comments:

  1. So great Shoshana, I want to see her picture everytime on her jorney. She is so sweetheart. BARUCH HaShem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great Shoshana, I want to see her picture everytime on her jorney. She is so sweetheart. BARUCH HaShem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the constant updates. So happy your little sweetheart is doing better. (A side note about seizures: I have had brain seizures which were the side effect of medication. Once the medication was withdrawn, the seizures ceased.) Davening every day for Tehilla's full recovery.

    ReplyDelete